Making a change to CU*BASE typically falls into 2 primary categories:
- A suggestion for improving upon, or changing certain existing functionality within CU*BASE.
- A custom development project.
When ideas are initially submitted to CU*Answers, our management team reviews the merits of the proposal and evaluates it from a big-picture standpoint, determining how and if it fits with current and future product development goals. If approved, it enters the software development life cycle (SDLC), potentially making its way to a future (and free!) CU*BASE software release (DIT).
In other cases, the changes requested are those that will not be pursued as a CUSO investment, but can be completed for the credit union through a custom development project (DIY)—for example, a process for a new custom fee or integrating with a new CRM system. In that case, simply contact either a Client Services Representative, or visit our DHD site for additional details, and starting a Special Project Request/ Authorization Form.
A credit union can review or start the process of requesting a “Change to CU*BASE” in the following ways:
- Review ongoing CU*BASE project development– CU*Answers has a variety of resources online to help keep track of project development. Using the CU*Answers website, visit the Kitchen for big projects on the horizon, the Release Planning page for information on upcoming releases and enhancements included, and Monitor to check the status of projects already in our development pipeline.
- Tell us about your idea – Idea Forms give us a way to know what staff at our credit unions would improve about our software, from the line workers to back office people. CU*Answers will review your idea and start a dialogue to discuss the merits of your idea further, and make a determination on whether or not to work towards developing the idea. Please remember, if your idea is really a fix to existing CU*BASE functionality, please submit an Answerbook item, where our Client Services and Education team will develop a separate project sheet.
When an idea form is submitted, CU*Answers will do the following:
- Our design team will review your submitted Idea Form, and consult with topic experts.
- You will receive a reply back re: your Idea Form in about 6-8 weeks.
- We will often begin a dialogue with you to further discuss the feasibility and techniques of your Idea.