Given a suitable approach to development, custom software will also produce the best or most well-targeted product/service improvements desired. Credit unions can tailor the software to what they specifically want instead versus a more general release. For example one credit union may want software that responds in the shortest time, whereas another credit union may focus on producing bottom line results. In many cases, CU*Answers will sit somewhere in the middle, with a combination of these objectives in mind. With a custom solution, your credit union can specifically focus on your desired objectives. Custom software can be even more flexible than spreadsheets as it is constructed by software professionals that can implement functionality for a wide range of business needs.
- What are the requirements for your project?
- Do you have a spec for your project?
- What types of programming resources will your credit union need?
- Have you established a timeline?
Specification Writing Tips
For assistance in writing specifications, please refer to our Tips for Writing Specs document. This guide references the following two templates:
- The Specs Template is our teams official template for writing new technical specifications for programmers.
- The Research Spec Template is our newest template designed to assist with custom projects during the research and development phase of a DIY/DIT request. It is used for large-scale projects where we want to have a high-level outline before writing the technical specification.
Utilizing the CU*Answers Software Development Life Cycle as the policy document that governs our software development processes, project owners can visualize potential timelines as well as milestones and steps of their project from concept through completion.
Dive Right In
All set with your specification and ready to get a proposal? Submit a request and our DHD team will start the processes for you. You can also view our Request for Proposal document here.
Ready to get in contact with DHD to start the discussion to have CU*Answers complete your project? Fill out the form below.